Monday, June 3, 2013

Process Writing

Grand Prairie is an incredibly unique golf course and I hope that comes across in my writing. I really enjoyed working with Ann and Jim. I spent a lot of time there and they were very welcoming and helped me with everything I needed -- their warmth is definitely characteristic of Ann and Jim as a couple, but also of Grand Prairie as an establishment. Talking with Ann, she told me about the unique situation Kalamazoo is in with too many golf courses for its population. Therefore, doing more research about national statistics of golf's popularity, I decided to frame Grand Prairie as a business model and state of mind that is in response to the waning life of the sport -- how Grand Prairie is working to redefine what golf is through their short course and unique clientele.

I know I talk about that angle in my piece, but I'm wondering if it needs to be more clear. I still have to go back and add in many more narrative details and descriptions, particularly about Ann and Jim, as well as Tom Button and Sylvia Tyler. For this draft I'm most concerned with structure and the quality of information. All your ideas and comments are definitely appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment