Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Gospel Mission Drafts

So I decided to delete my Gospel Mission drafts. In the past few classes we've been talking about our responsibility as journalists, and it's made me think about my article in particular. The people that I spoke with are in incredibly vulnerable situations -- they rely on the Gospel Mission for food and shelter, and yet they were willing to share their insights in to the forced aspect of religion in exchange for the Mission's services -- for that I am very grateful. Even though I did not include my subjects' last names, Gospel Mission is mentioned and so is the director. Therefore, I thought I owed it to my subjects to respect their situations and take down the posts. I thought I'd share that with all of you just in case anyone stumbles across my blog and notices there are some gaps..

No comments:

Post a Comment